Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome to The Thistle!

I would like to welcome you to the The Thistle, the official publication of the Griesemer Family Association of Oley Valley, Pennsylvania. The Griesemer family founded the hamlet of Griesemersville, which resides at the corner of Oley Turnpike Road and Memorial Highway (route 662) in the beautiful and lush Oley Valley. In the coming months, The Thistle will be featuring news and updates about the extended kinship network of the modern Griesemer family.

We appreciate you stopping by to become informed about the Griesemer family and their accomplishments and activities!

4 comments:

  1. Hallo,
    my Name is Gabriele Herhoffer, born Griesheimer, from Bruchsal, Germany, near Lampertheim. I am a direct descendant of Johann Velten Griesheimer (1658 Lampertheim - 1735 Lampertheim). Johann Velten is the father of Johann Peter Griesheimer (my direct descendant). Johann (John) Griesemer (1688 - 1773) is the brother of Johann Peter Griesheimer (1706 - 1775). I borrowed the book "The Griesemers" by Ella Griesemer Martindale in the Bavaria State Library and find it great. Also it would be great if it would be possible to buy a copy of the book "The Griesemers". Own this book would be great for me. I hope now in this way with my related in USA to get in touch. And I could also give informations about the remaining in Germany Griesheimers them. I am interested for "The Thistle" and other books about the Griesemers too. I very much hope for a response and remain with best regards Gabriele Herhoffer
    Sorry, but my English is not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a past member of the Griesemer Family Association along with my parents. I would like to contact the association and find out when the 2017 reunion will be held.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this association still active. I hope so. How do I access it?

    ReplyDelete